Our most decorated rider (both physically and with podium results) Ben Berden has been providing valuable feedback week and and week out about our bikes. With his input we set out to make our best carbon CX bikes to date. We modified the geometry to be more aggressive to match his racing style and that of current race courses. The redesigned head tube, down tube, seat tube and chain stays retain their exceptional power transfer and overall stiffness all while increasing heel and mud clearance. And while we retained the strength and stiffness of the core of our frame, the redesigned top tube, seat tube and chain stay increase vertical compliance by 37% which should result in less rider fatigue and slightly more enjoyable trips to the pain cave.
Being one of the early adopters of disc brakes, we're excited to introduce thru axles on our carbon bikes. The addition of a 142x12 rear axle and a 15QR front axle remove the possibility of pulling a wheel when going for the hole-shot, and stiffen up the front end to ensure precise tracking in the tightest of chicanes.
There will be mud this fall, and we're ready for all of it.
- All New Direct Connect carbon frame, 142x12 thru axle, PF30, interchangeable routing plates
- Custom Raleigh carbon tapered disc cross fork w/15mm thru axle
- American Classic TCX wheels with Clement PDX cross tires
- Shimano 105 11spd drivetrain with CX specific gearing
- TRP Spyre mechanical brakes