Raleigh: 125 Years was published to commemorate the 125th anniversary of Raleigh Bicycles. This beautiful hardcover book covers the years 1974 to 1983, when the company sponsored the TI-Raleigh race team as part of a larger campaign to conquer the European road bike market. Comprising British and Dutch cyclists, the TI-Raleigh team overcame bad luck and clashing egos to become one of the top teams on the European professional road racing circuit. A chapter is devoted to Joop Zoetemelk’s fierce battle to win the 1980 Tour de France. Illustrated with extensive photographs, this book invites readers into the glorious days of European road racing, when hard men fought with honor and dignity to claim victory over their own spirits as well as each other.
- Detailed history of the TI-Raleigh bike racing team covers 1974 to 1983
- Beautiful hardcover book looks handsome on any cycling fan’s coffee table
- Numerous full-color and black-and-white photographs capture the spirit of road biking
- Author: Joop Holthausen; translator: Colleen Higgins
- Published in 2011, Uitgeverij de Buitenspelers, Rotterdam
Customer Reviews Write Your Own
|Part or Accessory||Yes|